Are you looking for a place in town to hold a club meeting, have a softball game, or throw a birthday party?
The Fanwood Recreation Department’s buildings and athletic fields in Forest Road Park and La Grande Park are available to organizations and individuals for reservation. Each park has a recreation building that features a large, modern room for hosting your event, and has heat (during the colder months), air conditioning and restroom facilities. The Forest Road Park building also has kitchen facilities. Tables and chairs are available at both park buildings. Each park also has athletic fields that can be reserved for baseball, softball, t-ball, soccer and other games. La Grande Park has an open-air Pavilion with picnic tables.
Some reservations require a rental fee. All require a $100 security deposit. To find out more about fees, see the Facility Rental Fee Schedule table below.
We are now accepting reservation requests through June 2018.
Note: Weekend reservations of the Forest Road Park building and La Grande Park building are sometimes limited to one event per building per weekend (not including morning exercise classes).
To reserve a facility for your function, please follow these steps:
- Check to see if the facility you want to reserve is available at the time you want it. You can do that now by viewing the reservation calendars of the facilities:
Forest Road Park Building main room Calendar
Forest Road Park Building small room Calendar
La Grande Park Building Calendar
La Grande Park Pavilion Calendar
- Fill out the Facility Use Agreement. You can download it here: Facility Use Agreement
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance as follows: General Liability – Bodily Injury and Property Damage $2,000,000 aggregate and must name the Borough of Fanwood as “additional insured,” or fill out the Hold Harmless Agreement Form. You can download it here: Hold Harmless. (If you are an organization, such as the Girl Scouts, or are planning to use the facility for a physical activity, such as a sports league or an exercise class, you probably need to provide an insurance certificate; others can use the Hold Harmless Agreement.)
If submitting a Certificate of Insurance, Certificate Holder should be:
Borough of Fanwood
75 North Martine Avenue
Fanwood, NJ 07023
- Read the Rules for Use and Care of the Facility document completely. You can download it here: Rules for Use and Care
- Attach a rental fee check (if required; see Facility Rental Fee Schedule below) and a $100 security deposit check (note: if you want your security deposit check returned, you must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope) to your completed Facility Use Agreement and Certificate of Insurance or the Hold Harmless Agreement, and drop off all paperwork in the Building Reservations mailbox in the Administration Office of Fanwood Borough Hall or mail it to:
75 North Martine Avenue
Fanwood, NJ 07023
- You will be notified within ten (10) business days or less upon receipt of your completed paperwork if your reservation request has been approved or not.
Borough Hall’s hours of operation are 8 AM–4 PM, Monday through Friday and 5–8 PM on Thursday evening. (Borough Hall closes at 12 noon on Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day.)
Before submitting your request, make sure you have:
- Checked a building calendar for availability.
- Completed a Facility Use Agreement.
- Completed a Hold Harmless Agreement or provided an insurance certificate.
- Read the Rules for Use and Care of the Facility.
- Provided full payment in the form of a check.
- Provided a $100 security deposit in the form of a check.
- Included a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want your security deposit check mailed back to you.
In order for your reservation request to be processed, all paperwork and checks must first be submitted.
- The Borough of Fanwood and the Fanwood Recreation Department reserve the right to refuse any organization or individual the use of its facilities.
- The time, date and facility you request may not be available.
- The Borough of Fanwood and the Fanwood Recreation Department reserve the right to cancel your reservation. Should this happen, you will be notified in advance and given a full refund.
FACILITY RENTAL FEE SCHEDULE >
(all fees are per usage)
Field permits are $25 per usage for residents.
1Municipal Organizations, which are defined to mean any borough department or individual working for a borough department using a facility for departmental purposes, should have the Recreation Director (908 370-7092) or a Borough Hall employee reserve space for them.
2A rental occurring from 12 noon Friday through midnight Saturday typically requires additional weekend janitorial services. Organizations that pay no fee or a discounted fee and require a follow-up weekend janitorial service will be charged an additional $65 for that service.
3Guaranteed four (4) hours maximum per rental; renters can request less. Renters can request more than four hours, but longer time slots might not be granted and are subject to availability.
4Private businesses must contact the Recreation Director at 908 370-7092 to arrange a rental.
$100 rental security deposit checks will be collected for all individual and organization/club rentals. Security deposit checks are only valid for six months. To cover a rental date beyond six months after a check is dated, the renter will have to provide a new check.
The La Grande Park Building will be made available for rental to organizations of less than 45 people. The La Grande Park building has air conditioning but no kitchen.
The Forest Road Park Building will be made available for rental to organizations of 45 people or more, for individuals and organizations requiring a kitchen, and when the La Grande building is not available. The Forest Road Park building has air conditioning and a full kitchen.
Rental of the buildings for organizational meetings will be typically limited to weekdays and week nights. Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 908 370-7092.