Fanwood Recreation is accepting applications for LaGrande Park ice rink attendant, which is a paid position.
Job description: The applicant should be a trustworthy, responsible individual who is 14 years of age or older. The job is to watch over the LaGrande Park ice skating rink when it’s in use. The job consists of: locking and unlocking the rink gate, sitting in the shed next to the rink, encouraging skaters to behave in a safe and polite manner, controlling access to the rink to make sure it doesn’t get overcrowded, and summoning help when necessary. The attendant will be instructed to call the proper authority in case of misbehavior or injury, so the attendant will need to bring a cell phone. The hours, when weather permits, are weekdays 4-5:30 PM and weekends 1-5:30 PM, and are subject to change. Multiple attendants will be hired, so no one attendant is expected to be able to work all these hours.
The ideal time to submit an application is between October and December.
Download an ice rink attendant application form to apply for a job. Please note that submitting an application to Fanwood Recreation does not guarantee a response.
Fanwood Recreation is accepting applications for paid positions for its Summer Park Program at LaGrande Park and Tweens and Teens Travel Camp. The Summer Park Progam will begin the first full week after school ends, run Mondays through Fridays from 9 am to noon and from noon to 3 PM, and continue for 8 consecutive weeks. You don’t necessarily have to be available every week, although preference will be given to those applicants who can make the longest commitments of time. The Travel Camp is a full-day program that runs for three weeks, Monday through Friday, in July, and is only open to applicants 19 years and older.
Applications are being accepted for the following positions:
- Summer Park Program Director (minimum 5 years counselor or equivalent experience*; camp management or equivalent experience; teacher certification or equivalent experience): Oversee program, plan and schedule activities, hire and supervise staff, hire outside entertainment, manage budget, order equipment, registration. Note: this is not an on-site position; most of the work required for this job is planning and will need to happen before the program begins.
- Counselor Coordinator (minimum 5 years counselor or equivalent experience*; teacher certification or equivalent experience preferred): Oversee, plan and run program activities; supervise senior and junior counselors; coordinate equipment needs with director; liaison with parents.
- Senior Counselor (minimum 3 years counselor or equivalent experience*): Run and assist in planning program activities, supervise junior counselors, coordinate equipment needs with counselor coordinators, liaison with parents.
- Junior Counselor (minimum age: 15 years as of 6/20 of the year applying, counselor or equivalent experience* is not necessary but is preferred): Assist counselor coordinators and senior counselors in running activities.
- *Equivalent experience can include, but is not limited to, teaching and childcare.
The ideal time to submit an application is between December and March.
Download a counselor application form to apply for a job in the Fanwood Recreation Summer Park Program. Please note that submitting an application to Fanwood Recreation does not guarantee a response.